I created a simple Dockerfile and a Powershell script to create an custom docker image based on an offical Microsoft image.
Based on an custom image you can create multiple Test and/or Development Environments with an minimum storage footprint.
Only five steps are needed to create an custom image.
- Make a backup of the database to be used as the basis for the new image.
- Clone this repository to your Docker host.
- Place your SQL backup in the custom\backup directory.
- Set the correct source docker image in the Dockerfile.
- Create the custom image with:
docker build -t sample/custom .
Now you can create container based on your new image!
docker run -e ACCEPT_EULA=Y sampe/custom